Cost Effective Alternatives to Moving Companies

Portable storage arlington va

According to the Pew Research Center, 37 percent of Americans have never moved out of their hometown! However if you are among the other 63 percent of the American population, you may have experience with what a general headache the moving process can be.

More than 15 percent of the U.S. population moves in a year, according to statistics from the U.S. Bureau of the Census. If you are moving and are deciding what the best way to transport your belongings is, you have a couple of options. While traditional moving companies take a lot of the leg work out of the moving process, they can be costly, and require you to pack and unpack within a certain time frame.

A great alternative to traditional moving companies is using moving pods storage systems. Moving pods are great because they are a mix between a moving van and a traditional free standing storage unit. The way pods storage works is a pod is delivered to your home where you pack it yourself.(One of the draw backs to not using traditional movers, who do it for you). Moving pods are then relocated to wherever it needs to go, where it can act as a storage unit for up to a month!

Pods storage units are weather and mold proof, keeping your belongings protected, and are kept locked by a key that only you have access too. Unlike a traditional storage facility where people are constantly in and out,pods moving units sit directly on your property.

If you are looking for a cost effective alternative to traditional movers, moving pods could be exactly what you are looking for. Research more here:

, ,